- Pilakhwar is one of the villages in Madhubani district. Pilakhwar is present in block Rajnagar. The total population of the village is 4,736. The literacy rate is 35.51%. The female literacy rate is 21.65%. The male literacy rate is 47.95%.
- The number of households in Pilakhwar is 783. All the households are rural households.
- Female to male ratio of Pilakhwar is 96.92% compared to the Bihar's female to male ratio 91.93%. It is unsatisfactory and the people should drive some campaign to improve this.
- The literacy rate of the village is 35.51% compared to the literacy rate of state 47%. The literacy rate of the village is less than state literacy rate. The rate of literacy is very low and needs immediate attention of Union and State Government.
- The female literacy rate is 21.65% compared to male literacy rate of 49.19%.
- The total working population is 43.14% of the total population. 63.41% of the men are working population . 22.61% of the women are working population.
- The main working population is 37.31% of the total population. 60.26% of the men are main working population . 14.04% of the women are main working population . While the marginal working population is 5.84% of the total population. 3.15% of the men are marginal working population. 8.56% of the women are marginal working population.
- The total non-working population is 56.86% of the total population. 36.59% of the men are non-working population . 77.39% of the women are non-working population.
|Population Below 6 years||951||500||451|
|Main Working Population||1,412||1,148||264|
|Marginal Working Population||221||60||161|
|Non Working Population||3,103||1,197||1,906|
|Main Working Agricultural Laborer Population||539||493||46|
|Main Working Cultivator Population||319||305||14|
|Main Working House Works Population||236||49||187|
|Main Working Others Population||318||301||17|
|Marginal Working Agricultural Laborer Population||108||34||74|
|Marginal Working Cultivator Population||13||3||10|
|Marginal Working House Works Population||75||4||71|
|Marginal Working Others Population||25||19||6|